Ethanol Fireplace Safety: Best Practices for Installing & Using IGNIS® Fireplaces & Fireplace Inserts.
If you do not follow our instructions, contained on this page, exactly as stated, a fire or explosion may be the result. Improper use of IGNIS® Fireplaces or Fireplace Inserts may result in property damage, personal injury or death. Using this burner is at your own risk.
When reviewing these required safety practices, should you not be clear on a specific instruction, do not operate the the IGNIS ethanol fireplace or fireplace insert until clarification of the proper procedure is fully received by a representative of IGNIS® Development, Incorporated and understood in its entirety.
Fire & Explosion
• IGNIS® bio ethanol is the preferred liquid fuel for the operation of this ethanol burner. The use of a fuel not specifically intended for combustion in a ventless liquid ethanol burning fireplace is prohibited.
• Ethanol fuel may never be introduced into an open flame. Once the burner has been extinguished, a period of no less than twenty (20) minutes must expire prior to refueling. It may never be assumed that the fire has fully extinguished until this period of twenty (20) minutes or more has fully elapsed.
• Any spillage of ethanol fuel that occurs during the fuelling process must be swabbed with a dry cloth immediately followed by one that has been moistened with water. All surfaces must be dry prior to ignition.
• It is prohibited to use the ethanol burner in any space where there is a presence of flammable vapors or where oxygen tanks are in use.
• Liquid bio ethanol fireplace fuel shall only be stored or transported in its original vessel. It is prohibited to introduce fuel into the burner using any container other than its original bottle or fuelling system. Consumer chemicals and containers regulations 2001.
• While fuelling or igniting the burner, smoking is forbidden.
of the Ethanol Fireplace
• It is necessary to monitor children in the proximity of the ethanol burner to prevent injury. Under no circumstance shall a child be in the locale of the burner without prudent adult supervision.
• When introducing fire into any interior space, it is highly advised that a fire alarm be installed and maintained regularly. As a precautionary measure, it is also necessary to have immediate access to a class b fire extinguisher should an emergency arise.
• It is forbidden to move or relocate the ethanol burner while in use or less than fifteen (15) minutes from extinction.
• Any active fire consumes oxygen with a potential
for air pollution. For safe use of the ethanol burner, installation in a well-ventilated location without
cross-ventilation is wholly required. Use of the ethanol burner in a space that doesn’t meet the requirement is
at one’s own risk with the knowledge that it may cause serious injury or death. Individuals with pulmonary conditions should consult with a physician prior to occupying the space where the firebox is afire.
DO NOT TOUCH FIREPLACE WHILE BURNING OR BEFORE A MINIMUM OF FIFTEEN (15) MINUTES HAS ELAPSED FROM TIME OF EXTINGUISHING.
Best Practies For Using IGNIS® Ethanol Fireplaces
• NEVER leave an open fire unattended.
• The fireplace should not be used in a small room where 200 cubic feet of air space is provided for each 1,000 btu emitted per hour by the burner at its maximum intensity level. Please consult page eight (8) of this guide for burner-specific requirements.
• DO NOT place items on top of the burner unless it is an approved fireplace accessory. All accessories MUST be placed around the flame opening and NEVER directly over the flame.
• DO NOT ingest bio ethanol fireplace fuel and avoid contact with your skin and eyes.
• Be sure to store both full and empty containers of bio ethanol fuel away from the ethanol burner, children, and pets.
• ONLY use the included extinguishing tool to put the fire out. NEVER blow out the flame, as the added oxygen will increase it.
• It is FORBIDDEN to modify the Classic ethanol burner in ANY WAY.
• DO NOT place any flammable material within forty-inches (40”) around the fireplace.
• A MINIMUM distance of eighty-inches (80”) should be kept from any window or drapery.
• DO NOT burn under hanging items.
• NEVER smoke when handling bio ethanol fireplace fuel.
• NEVER use the Classic ethanol burner in areas where flammable vapors or gas may be present.
• DO NOT use the Classic ethanol burner to heat or boil water, as a cooking appliance nor as a primary heat source. It is intended for use as a secondary heat source and for its ambient qualities.
• Guidelines for required clearances MUST be adhered to.
For questions about the safe use of your new IGNIS® Classic ethanol burner, you may call 855-MY-IGNIS, email at email@example.com or live chat with our fireplace professionals here on our website at ignisproducts.com.